The best part about snickerdoodle cookies is, they are just so easy to make!
- Oven Tray
- Baking Paper
- 1+½ Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter or Margarine Softened Room Temperature
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- 2+¾ Cups All-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and sea salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack for cooling down.
I love my cookies but this would have to be one of my favorite cookie recipes, they’re just so yummy! When I’m baking snickerdoodle cookies the whole family hovers around the kitchen like a pack of sharks waiting for their feed.