What’s better than one cookie? two cookies, of course! These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies pack a nutritional punch with their whole grains and other real ingredients. While the sweet flavor will make your mouth water in anticipation for another bite (or three), you’ll actually be getting something healthy too.
Biting into these oatmeal cookies will bring back memories of your favorite time with friends and family. If you want them to be even more special, try adding a chocolate chip somewhere in there! You can also substitute some of the processed sugar for something sweeter like maple syrup or brown sugar.
Here’s a really healthy and easy cookie recipe that takes around 10 minutes to whip up.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rectangle Tray
- Mixing Spoon
- ½ Cup Softened salted butter add 1/2 tsp. salt if you have unsalted
- ⅓ Cup Light brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- ⅔ Cup Whole wheat all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- 2 Cups Quick-cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Blend in egg until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, and oats.
- Stir vigorously until all ingredients are blended
- Use a tablespoon to spoon ingredients onto lightly greased baking tray making round blobs
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until browned around the outside
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tray.