They are soft and easy to make. You don’t need so many ingredients. These oatmeal cookies are very moist with a good flavor. If you like more flavor you may add a cup of raisins or nuts. Each cookie contains 218 calories.
Bittersweet’s Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- Oven trays
- Baking Paper
- 1 Cup Softened Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1+½ tsp Grounded Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Cooking Oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease baking papers. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on baking papers. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely,
Soft Oatmeal Cookies from Bittersweet