Ouma was in the kitchen for you to give her best South African oatmeal secret recipe; would you like to give a try?
Ouma’s Secret Oat Meal Cookies
Your chilhood comes back with these South African oatmeal cookies have loads of rolled oat, sweet raisins. First combine flour and cinnamon ; later on cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix both together and then fold in the oats and raisins.
Servings 16 cookies
- Measuring cups
- Table spoons
- 2 mixing bowls ( one large, one medium)
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- 4 oz Butter 115 gr in room temperature
- 4 oz Sugar 115 gr If you want to use as gr
- 3 oz Brown Sugar 85 gr If you want to use as gr
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 3 oz All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats 128g If you want to measure.
- 2/3 Cups Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375oF (190oC)
- Cut a big piece of baking paper and set aside.
- Use a medium bowl to combine the dry ingredients, apart from the sugars. Set aside.
- Use a large bowl to cream the butter, white and brown sugar together; add the egg and the vanilla and whip until combined
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until the flour has just absorbed, do not over mix.
- Fold in the oats and the raisins.
- Use a tablespoon measure scoop heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough onto your lined baking paper, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and slightly risen. Don't be tempted to bake for longer or you will loose the gooey center.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring on to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.