Splenda and Apple Sauce is the origin of sweet taste for this awesome cookie recipe. Splenda has no artificial aftertaste, and does not change texture or composition when heated. Combine dry and wet ingredients separately. Use mixer to mix well. Give a shape and bake. As easy as it is.
Diabetic Apple Sauce Oatmeal Cookies
- Oven Tray
- Baking Paper
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1+½ Cups Old-fashioned Oats
- ¾ Cup Splenda Granular
- 2 tbsp extra Splenda Granular
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Non stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine shortening, applesauce, egg, and vanilla with mixer. Add flour, oats, 3/4 cup Splenda, brown sugar, soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix until soft dough forms.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto baking sheet.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of Splenda onto a small saucer. Dip a slightly moistened, flat-bottom drinking glass into the Splenda, then gently press each dough ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until cookie bottoms are light brown. Cool and store in a tightly sealed container.
Recipe from Kathleen Stanley-Diabetes Educator-Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One- Diabetes Self-Management