This simple recipe should take around 20 to 25 minutes max. 10 minutes prep and 10 minutes cooking time.
Simple Oatmeal Cookies
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Kitchen Scale
- 75 gr Self raising flour
- 75 gr Quick oats
- 75 gr Sugar
- 75 gr Butter Room Temperature
- 2 Large Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add oats, eggs and sugar into the bowl then mix together with a big mixing spoon.
- Put the stove in a low heating
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add golden syrup and milk stirring until heated through.
- Add the melted butter, syrup and milk to the premixed dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon onto your baking tray making round shapes
- Bake in preheated oven for around 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave oatmeal cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking tray.
Once you master the original recipe you can then experiment with other ingredients like cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, nuts or choc chips. The best part about these simple oatmeal cookies is they’re also very cheap to make.
I baked 2 batches of these cookies just the other day and the whole family loved them. Such an easy and quick s